Old 11-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Marcia, Bethany and Me

Default UGH! Snails!

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
I recently added a single new plant to my tank... Now, I'm infested with
small snails... I'm sure they are eating my plants, so what's the best

way
to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Troy

"CS" wrote in message
Loaches are a good snail eater. Clown Loaches and tiger loaches (Botia
striata)---there are tons of others species as well.

I want neither loaches nor snails in my tanks, these loaches can
be violent predators that will destroy eggs, fry and adults. Best
to remove the fish from your tank temporarily, lower the water
level and nuke the plants with a copper sulfate solution. Wash the
upper regions of the glass with a concentrated copper sulfate
solution. Research your plants and see if any species is
overly sensitive to the copper sulfate solution, if so, remove these
plants and treat them separately with lower concentrations
of copper sulfate. Snails are bad news if you are trying to
grow plants, and when you eventually sell some of your
plants, a guarantee that they are snail free should assist.
-Daryl