Old 11-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Sarah Dale

Default Parsnips

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:51:32 +0000, shazzbat wrote:
I have had a very low success rate with parsnips, they just don't show. I

I too would like info on this issue - I'd love to grow parsnips - my
results over 2 years trying have been 1 parsnip!!!

My FIL has recommeneded very fresh seed, and soaking for 24hrs before
sowing - but that got me nowhere!

I'm contemplating pot sowing indoors in an effort to get the B*ggers to
germinate and then plant outdoors. It could well be my heavy damp high
clay content welsh soil affecting the germination.

TIA,

Sarah