Old 11-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Brian Mitchell

Default herbicide for dandelions?

Hi,

I don't suppose there's a dandelion-specific one by any chance?

Last year dandelions appeared in plague numbers all over my 3 acres of
mostly roughish pasture and I couldn't keep on top of them with
mechanical means. Now, mid-February, they're already flowering again!!

The thing is, I don't want to poison everything, such as the many
(other) wild flowers. I don't *want* to poison anything, and the
bumblebees are particularly fond of --maybe dependent on-- early
dandelions. But I do need to control them fairly drastically right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian Mitchell