Old 11-02-2004, 06:42 AM
tbell

Default Hi from Australia

Welcome from California, too, Maggie. Unless I miss my guess, Australia
provides the most participants after the US, in this group and abpo. We're
delighted to see and hear about what's special down there. Particularly the
terrestrials.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

From: Maggie
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:44:17 GMT
Subject: Hi from Australia

Hi all .. today must be my lucky day ..I'm off work after having minor
surgery on my knee and was surfing ( as you do ) the net and one thing
led to another and I found this news group.
My names Maggie, I am addicted to orchids ..phew now its out in the
open I feel so much better.
I've spent the afternoon reading all your emails and it seems like a
nice place to visit, I've learnt a few things and now realise just how
lucky I am to live in a place where I don't need heating, misting or
any of the other stuff some of you seem to need.
My orchids grow in trees or a shade house all year round, I do fertilize
regularly and need to water a lots due to the heat.
Both my father and grandfather grew orchids .. mainly cymbidiums and
catt's after they died I inherited their collections well the cymbidiums
died ( it's rather humid and hot here) and the catt's struggled for a
few years till about 2 years ago I joined the orchid society and learnt
how to take care of them .. now they are growing madly and flowering as
well .. and of course I've purchased a few 100 more, just too keep them
company.

Well this was just meant to be a little hello and I've talked to much as
usual
Maggie