Old 11-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Kay Easton

Default Patio plants

In article , FF
writes
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:00:06 +0000, Kay Easton wrote:

In article , FF
writes

And what
about
the contorted hazel?

The contorted hazel looks lovely in winter and spring, and like a heap
of green dish rags the rest of the year.

Drat! That's what I thought you'd say.

There's a contorted willow which doesn't look so bad in the summer

Do you want them to be permanently planted, or are you planning to move
things in and out during the year?

I'd like them permanently planted with a shrub-type thing. I've got violas in
with
the fig at the moment and some of the older pots have a mystery-mix of spring
bulbs
underneath things that flower later in the year. I'd really like to have
something a
bit architectural, I think.

Figs are great for that. Otherwise you could go for any of the plants
with spear like leaves. Or a suitable choice of conifer - pick something
that takes your fancy, and be prepared to chuck it if it gets too big or
too tatty.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: