Old 11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Clematis

"FF" wrote in message
I've got this clematis growing up the fence. I left it at the end of the

year because
I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it. Now the fence needs

fixing (after
the gales a week ago) and I've managed to disentangle the clematis but it

might get
trodden on when the fence gets fixed. Is it ok to cut it right back?

Should I dig it
up and move it? Or what?

Many thanks

Liz

From a purely gardening point of view it depends on the type of clematis
(whether it flowers on old or new wood) but from a maintainance point of
view all clematis Can be cut hard back, all you may lose is a seasons
flowers but the plant itself will probably benefit from a cutting back.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk