Old 11-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Council supplied composter-a good deal?

In article , Alastair
writes
(Colin) wrote in message news:bbb06f96.0402101214.26cc
I have never composted before.

My council is offering up to two Blackwall Compost Converters (330
litre) per household. A two month trial then £19 each including
delivery (RRP £49.95 it is claimed).

Sounds a little pricey to be honest. My council (London Borough of
Harrow) do a 330 litre bin (delivered to your door) for a tenner.
However, I have no idea how much a DIY shed bought composter would
cost, so twenty quid may still be cheap and I may just have a very
generous council. )

*Our* council gives us one for nowt ))))))))))))

But you don't need one at all - all you need is a 'contained' heap.
You can use what you want to contain it. Old pallets seems to be a
favourite!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.