Old 11-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Council supplied composter-a good deal?

"Franz Heymann" wrote in news:c0bjqe$qag
:

"Colin" wrote in message
om...
I have never composted before.

My council is offering up to two Blackwall Compost Converters (330
litre) per household. A two month trial then £19 each including
delivery (RRP £49.95 it is claimed).

Good, if the bin has a small door at the bottom to enable compost to be
shovelled out from the bottom.

Have you actually got a bottom door that works then? When I've tried these
I've found it almost impossible to get the compost out of the little
trapdoor.

Much easier to lift the whole thing off the top. I therefore prefer the
'dalek' shapes to the more upright 'cylinder' ones with a little door.

Victoria