Old 11-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Council supplied composter-a good deal?

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.12...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in

:

"Colin" wrote in message
om...
I have never composted before.

My council is offering up to two Blackwall Compost Converters (330
litre) per household. A two month trial then £19 each including
delivery (RRP £49.95 it is claimed).

Good, if the bin has a small door at the bottom to enable compost to be
shovelled out from the bottom.

Have you actually got a bottom door that works then? When I've tried

these
I've found it almost impossible to get the compost out of the little
trapdoor.

It works with a small coal shovel..

Much easier to lift the whole thing off the top. I therefore prefer the
'dalek' shapes to the more upright 'cylinder' ones with a little door.

But then you have to work it in batch mode rather than a continuous
throughput mode

Franz