Old 11-02-2004, 04:01 PM
dt

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

Katra wrote:

In article ,
dt wrote:

Red wrote:

The local guy on the radio, who is organic, recommends finding the mound by
tracking the ants and then poking a hole down into it with a piece of re-bar
to the point where you enter the cavity of the mound. Then get a room
fogger and turn it upside down and set it off in to the hole.

sarcasm
Oh, *that's* organic, all right!
/sarcasm

DT

Might not be organic, but sounds like it'd work...

I'm all for organic, and don't care if my rather huge colony of Med.
geckos that breed in and crap all over my attic stay there, (they
control the vast majority of both household and yard bugs), but there is
a time and place for pesticides.

Sounds like he has a problem that justifies it.

Oh, I'm sure it would work.

I just can't believe anybody even halfway "organic" would squirt a room
fogger down an anthill. Hell, after you've poked the rebar in, a gallon
of boiling water works wonders. Although you might have to do it twice.

DT