Old 11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
madgardener

Default Wanted: to a good home............

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Hi Maddie,

Pat has gotten more and more to the "spiritual" side of gardening, not the
"plants" side. And it is a little long for his "humor" side especially if
you are competing with his "regulars". (Mike McG and Jeff Taylor)

Ok - have you thought about American Gardener, the Offshots column is

often
funny. Or submitting to Country Living Gardener?

Now - on the writing - let me look at it some more. You have lots of great
raw material there - maybe you should write two or three "articles" from

it.
Cheryl

it had been submitted to him YEARS ago when I managed to get published first
time with him in the Winter issue of 1994. Then he accepted a broken trowel
piece that he said was truely funny and I got a subscription for my efforts.
the length of course is long. I have been stock piling my posts from the
newsgroup in hopes to eventually put 'em all together and possibly submit
them as a madgardener's read. I dunno. I'm not too fulla confidence that
it'd sell but one never knows. I've had my moments of good writing. as for
wanted to a good home, it was windy and just a stoned ramble. I see why it
was rejected for his green prints. now on the other hand, despite the
length, my eulogy tribute last year about my Aunt Pearline's passing and
inspiration if clipped might actually make it to his magazine/book but I'm
not willing to give up the rights to it for a mere $50. I would have loved
to have tried to send it to Reader's Digest and gotten $300 for it but don't
care one way or the other. It made my Aunt Jean cry and realize that once
again her niece was a writer and it felt good to have that kind of hug.

I wish someone would work with me. I'd truely like to do some writing and
get paid for it. But in the same breath I get tremendous emotional
satisfaction just writing to you guys. (read the circus is in towne on
google and you'll see what I mean.......g)
keep in touch and let me know, and by the way, I adore Mike McG and he
thrilled me and answered my letter to him when he was editor at OG and that
was what REALLY launched me as a serious part time writer. He not only put
it in the Letters department, titled it, answered it but put it in the
contents part of the magazine. My best friend in Denver was reading her
issue and came across something familiar and discovered it was
then when the short lived but incredible Beautiful Gardens magazine was out,
I was featured on the outside cover and quoted just before they folded. I
hated to see that one go......................
again, my thanks honey for your help.
maddie