Old 11-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Rod

Default poor ground

Kate Morgan wrote:

any ideas for cheap and cheerfull shrubs that will grow on poor ground
apart from Buddlea.

ta muchly :-)
kate

In what way poor? What pH? Though if you are talking of the kind of place where
Buddleia does well then I guess we're talking neutral or alkaline, hot, dry,
sharply drained, little organic content, light soil. In which case Jane's idea
of Cistus is a good one, add various labiate herbs like Thymes, Sages,
Rosemary, Oregano + Lavenders, Catmint, Brooms, Jerusalem Sage, Wormwoods, Mt
Etna Broom - but it's a big one, some Euphorbias.............
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html