Old 11-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Katra

Default Pineapple questions

In article ,
Frogleg wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:55:50 -0500, "Ray Drouillard"
wrote:

"Monique Reed" wrote in message

[...]

Trivia question of the day: Why does the Jell-o box say not to use
fresh pineapple?

I tried that once. It didn't set up. Apparently, there is an enzyme or
something in pineapple that keeps the gelatin from jelling.

Bromelain. Similar to papayin, it breaks down protein (geletin).
Pineapple juice is a good meat tenderizer.

Ya know what, I'm glad you mentioned that. ;-)
Beef has gone up in price so I can no longer afford my favorite cuts
like T-bone and Rib eye, so I settled for some nice chuck steaks the
other day for $1.99 / lb.

Now I know what to marinate them in to tenderize those suckers!
I'm ok but papasan has bad teeth and won't let me get him to a
dentist..... :-P

Katra

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,