Old 12-02-2004, 02:14 AM
ned

Default herbicide for dandelions?

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:22:14 -0000, "ned" wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote

OK, I know three acres id a fair area, but if you divide it up

into
grid you'll be surprised how quickly you can do it. (Yes, I have!

And a
six acre field at that, and I dug the weeds out with a thistle

spud
and
a parsnip fork.)

..... a man after my own heart.

Unfortunately, this won't do for dandelions. They will re-sprout

from
the tiniest fragment of root left behind.

Well, maybe the UK dandelions might be a little less persistent. There
seems to be a critical amount of root which will eventually resprout.
But I reckon that if you can get half the root out, it will take the
hint! But I do agree that simply getting the top inch or so out, will
only cause it to branch and come back worse than ever.

--
ned