Old 12-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Dacaprice

Default UGH! Snails!

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message ...
I recently added a single new plant to my tank... Now, I'm infested with
small snails... I'm sure they are eating my plants, so what's the best way
to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Troy

I added a yellow tailed botia because I was advised that he would eat
the snails and he wasn't as aggressive as clown loaches. Well I've
never seen that thing eat a snail since I've had him. I found that
the easiest way to get rid of those things is to wash your hands, and
stick your arm in the tank and pull the snails off the surface and
throw them in the trash. Do this every day or every other day for a
couple of weeks and you will notice a huge difference. In a thirty
gallon tank this should only take a few minutes each day.

Chris