Old 12-02-2004, 04:16 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Does it realy fox the fox?

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

mode=straight-face

Can you still get balancer meal? Any idea what was in it?

/mode

No idea. I only feed grain, they have to find their own additives in the
ground.

During the war and for a while afterwards my grandmother kept hens, and
from a very young age I 'helped' her with collecting eggs, preparing the
food, and feeding them.

I used to turn the mincer while she fed in oven-dried waste bread and
crumbs which the neighbours saved for her (in return for the chance to
buy fresh off-ration eggs).

The mash was made from cooked potato/vegetable peelings, dry breadcrumbs
and balancer meal, and IIRC, dried blood, though that might have been
for the garden. Can't remember.

Loose grain was given to them too, as well as the usual water and broken
shell grit.

Being in the garden of a semi-detached bungalow and since the garden was
all used for ordinary gardeney things, they couldn't be free-range. You
can inspect the pen(itentiary)s at:
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/marlbrgh.jpg

If I'd known you were likely to be looking I would have stepped to one side.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/