Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
gregpresley

Default Growing Blueberries in Northwest

Blueberries are native, among other places, to Maine, which last time I
checked, is about a zillion times colder than Seattle in winter, so you
needn't worry over much about freezing temps.......
"paul" wrote in message
om...
Are blueberry plants hardy enough to withstand a hard freeze during winer?

Is there anything special I will need to do to take care of them during

the winter?

Thanks,
Paul
(paul) wrote in message

. com...
I live in the Seattle area and was wanting to grow blueberries in my
garden. Can anyone give me advice on what plants would do well and
what soil conditions are good for Blueberries.

Also, is it best to buy local plants or can I get plants from a
catalog?

Thanks,
Paul