Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default shopping season is underway...

In torgo wrote:
However, it is once again listed on Delbard's own web site. (Do we
have you to thank for waking them up and reminding them they once sold
a very nice red blend HT with huge fragrant blooms?)

If you mean this:
http://www.delbard.com/boutique/fich...t.asp?id=10788
then that's the 1997 La Passionata (varietal name Delapo), not the 1969
original (Delup).

Other tidbits I've found on it: it also sold under the name "Betsy
Ross".

Yes, it was also sold under that name in the US.

It's not a true red, but a "red blend". It appears to be a
small bush, typically less than a meter tall. Does this sound like
the La Passionata that you have? How well does yours rebloom?

That description must surely refer to the new La Passionata, which does
look like a red blend. The 1969 one is definitely straight red. At
full height it grows over 1 metre. It reblooms very well for me -
steady production all season rather than flushes.

For more, have a look at:
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=15453 (read the comments there)
http://treloar-roses.com.au/files/la_passionata.htm
http://www.hanna.id.au/roses