Old 12-02-2004, 11:25 PM
J Fortuna

Default favorite orchid related URLs?

Eric,
Thank you so much! I really look forward to exploring these links -- started
already but there is too much info to take in at once. Your links were
closest to the kinds of links I was hoping to get, but I really appreciated
everyone else's links as well, and I hope others did, too. If anyone else
has any more links (especially more of such "just great places to read and
learn about orchids"), please feel free to continue providing them. If you
don't see any posts from me for a while, I probably lost track of time and
forgot to eat and sleep while exploring all these wonderful links.
Best,
Joanna

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Joanna,

Since most everyone posted places to buy, I'll post a list of just great
places to read and learn about orchids.

http://www.loujost.com/ - great modern explorer of the hidden orchid
treasures left in Ecuador
http://orchids.rnr.id.au/ - Amazing site with hundreds of in-situ photos

of
Australian terrestrial orchids
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eemntee/page18.html - Australian Native
Species
http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/herbarium/orchid/ - Orchid Research Newsletter at
KEW in England - for true orchid nerds
http://elparaiso.org/orchidata/cats.htm - Nice site about Catasetums
http://www.pleione.info/ - Everything you wanted to know about Pleiones
http://www.disas.com/ - Everything you wanted to know about Disas (note:

URL
is disas.com, disa.com is a non-orchid business, very boring site)
http://houstonorchidsociety.org/Stanhopea/ - Nina Rach's all-comprehensive
site dealing with the Stanhopeinae
http://sobralia.autrevie.com/ - Nina can't just be satisfied with
Stanhopeas - the Sobralia pages are awesome as well
http://www.orchids.org/ - OrchidMania's site - good comprehensive info

about
orchids in general - read the legal disclaimer at the bottom of the main
page for a good laugh.

This is a quick extract from my Favorites - hope you enjoy them.

-Eric in SF