Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM

Default FS misc.

I certainly thought that is what marriage was considering it isnt legal unless you
get the paperwork at city hall, you have people who witness it, there is no
requirement for any kind of religious input and the papers gotta be filed at city
hall. when this legal arrangement is broken one goes to court, not your local
religious institution and in fact, your rabbi or priest can deny the divorce but the
individuals can legally get divorced and when remarried are not committing bigamy in
the eyes of the law.

I think the easiest thing to do is establish a partnership agreement, give it the
identical rights and responsibilities of "marriage" but make the tax bite the same as
two single people see how fast everyone goes for this rather than "marriage".
Ingrid

"BTC/TAK on ACK" wrote:
Personally I think "a
legal union with the same rights and responsibilities as marriage" when I
hear it discussed, and use that terminology when I discuss it... it seems to
"push peoples' buttons" less, and people seem more open to level-headed
discussions.
Mila

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/