Old 12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Katra

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:16:15 -0600, Katra
wrote:

You _murdered_ all your geckos???

Whatever for????? :-o

I grew very weary of them for (1) eating all my beneficial insects (2)
leaving their feces, empty egg cases and shed skins in all my storage
areas (3) they are not native (4) they are beady-eyed ugly things (5)
they are not protected in any fashion.

And finally, they were imported into my neighborhood about 20 years
ago by one of my neighbors who thought it might be great to have them
around. By experience I found that not to be the case.

Rusty Mase

So now what are you using for insect control?

And for the record, I think geckos are cute.

This being Texas, we had a bad Palmetto bug problem.
I still have a few but not _nearly_ so many since the Geckos took over,
and I still have praying mantises and assasin bugs, as well as plenty of
ladybugs. I don't mind a few egg cases. :-) They mostly breed in the
attic which is dead space that I don't use. There were a few in the
storage area, but that has not been a major problem.

The grasshopper population has also been drastically reduced.

So, do you have any bug problems now that you killed them all?

I've been happy too to see the fence lizard and anole populations
increase, as well as toads. :-)

Predator insects are great, but reptile and amphibians eat a lot more!

And it's not affecting my pollinators in the least since geckos are
nocturnal and most pollinators are diurnal.

Just my personal feelings......

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,