Old 12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:30:30 -0600, Katra
wrote:

So now what are you using for insect control?

I don't and I have never found it to be a problem. I have lots of
spiders - especially jumping spiders - and they may be helping. I do
use Amdro on fire ants on occassion. Also, I use an aerosol can of
garden spray to control capenter ants where I do not want them.

And for the record, I think geckos are cute.

And for the record, I think they are vermin.

This being Texas, we had a bad Palmetto bug problem.
I still have a few but not _nearly_ so many since the Geckos took over,
and I still have praying mantises and assasin bugs, as well as plenty of
ladybugs. I don't mind a few egg cases. :-) They mostly breed in the
attic which is dead space that I don't use. There were a few in the
storage area, but that has not been a major problem.

I ignore Palmetto bugs mostly but take a garden hose to them
occassionally.

The grasshopper population has also been drastically reduced.

No, they are around but I ignore them

So, do you have any bug problems now that you killed them all?

No and I get lots of bugs outside that I ignore. I do not get many in
the house except for spiders, which I like, and only a few of them.

I've been happy too to see the fence lizard and anole populations
increase, as well as toads. :-)

Yes, but I have trouble with keeping up my toads as I am pretty high
and dry. I sometimes have a few that I love to feed Junebugs to on
the porch. They become pets.

Predator insects are great, but reptile and amphibians eat a lot more!

I have snakes. Ground snakes mostly and one snake I have an abundance
of is Texas Blind Snakes. I let them live in my flower beds around
the house. Garter snakes, yellow bellied racers and Texas rat snakes
are infrequent visitors to my yard.

Rusty Mase