Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Bob Hobden

Default It must be my age

"David wrote in message ...
Realised the other day that I hadn't lifted my Gladiolus corms, lifted a
couple yesterday and was amazed at the very good condition they are in.I

am
wondering if they actually need to be lifted each year, except to protect
them from the weather.
Any Comments from anyone.

Only lift ours when it's time to move them or tidy them up, the ones on the
allotments (we use for cut flowers) only get lifted every third year or so
to tidy them up and replant in rows as they do tend to move about if left in
which makes it difficult to hoe. Trouble is, you get so many that split into
two or three you end up throwing good flowering sized corms away.
We get so many little cormlets falling of when you lift them they come up
everywhere like weeds.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars