Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default It must be my age

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

Realised the other day that I hadn't lifted my Gladiolus corms, lifted a
couple yesterday and was amazed at the very good condition they are in.I am
wondering if they actually need to be lifted each year, except to protect
them from the weather.
Any Comments from anyone.

I had some gladioli which flowered yearly, and I never lifted them, and
they were in a north-facing bed in a rather cool and exposed part of
Norfolk.

Then yesterday I discovered a couple of hard boiled eggs that we did for the
journey back from Spain the other week, and I am wondering just how long
they will keep

What on earth anyone would do with a hard-boiled egg of any age or
maturity is beyond me....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/