Old 13-02-2004, 03:44 AM
Helena Handbasket

Default [IBC] Carry on luggage (bonsai) Methods ?

The screener asked me to remove my barrette prior to the screen and I was happy to oblige.
I did make sure the tree had no metal (screen material and wires) and packed it in a clear
plastic pop bottle. I had no problems what so ever. I'd rather have the screening then
not.

--

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´¨`·.¤*katie**¤.·´¨`»

Helena's Sim Estates
http://www.simbella.com/helena/

They let the tree through but wouldn't let me wear my barrette.

That's because you were walking through a metal detector. Unlike the
barrette, the tree was not made of metal. No offense to anyone on this list, but it
really seems like people are making a bigger deal out of airport security than
the reality warrants. It's pretty simple. Don't put the following in your
carry on bags: sharp things, things that go boom, things that ignite. If you
don't divest the metal in your pockets, in your hair or on your shoes, you alarm
the metal detector and need to be searched. Unless you are sent down for
secondary screening (hand held metal detector) the security people have no way of
telling if it alarmed due to a barrette or a 10" knife. It's just a metal
detector, people, not a good person/bad person detector. The x-ray machine will
not hurt your tree - it is about 1/20 the power of a medical x-ray and is not
nuclear. After 9/11/2001 we live in a different world and need to understand
this and stop acting so spoiled. If the security screener asks you to take
off your shoes, it doesn't make him a nazi, it keeps you safe. If that's the
worst thing that happens to you that day, well folks, that's a pretty good day!

My two cents.

Best Regards,
Daniel Avrin
Now with super whitening Borax!