Old 13-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Ann

Default Growing Blueberries in Northwest

"B & J" expounded:

I now pick 8-10 quarts each year from my cultivated bushes, if I beat the
birds, but the blossoms never freeze in the spring. We do have wild
blueberries in our area (northern AR), but the berries are the size of very
small beads and are extremely sweet. I have a few in my back yard in the
same shaded area where I have azaleas.

Maine wild blueberries are small, sweet and tasty, and I picked
probably 20 quarts this past summer.....and I didn't make a dent!
I've got some frozen up, I may make more jam.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA