Old 13-02-2004, 11:59 AM
John Bachman

Default Adding "other" critters to my pond?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:55:22 GMT, "ppdavid"
wrote:

I am interested in adding some critters to my pond to add some additional
interest. I have koi and I like them but I would like some other
interesting critters as well. Frogs are an obvious choice but I am
interested in knowing what other critters I can add that are not harmful
plus will stay around.
I live in Oklahoma. Pond is large enough with waterfall that it does not
freeze over.
Turtles (small) - any problem? Where do I get the "right" kind?
Any suggestions or definite no-no's.

I am no expert but it seems to me there are two kinds of turtles:
those that eat fish and those that eat anything.

We have loads of volunteer frogs that show up and try to take over the
pond. Then in the fall they try to bury their noses in the bottom but
cannot because there is no mud there. I scoop them out in the spring
and put them on the compost pile.

JMHO

John