Old 13-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Pond Newbie

Default Safety of Copper Pipes?

That's true, but I can treat for that, and the treatments are readily
available. I have never seen DeCopper anywhere. LOL.

I know Mardel makes a form of chelated (sp?) copper called CopperSafe, for killing
protozoans, flukes, and other parasites. I do know copper is harmful to invertebrates.

I would think that it might possibly cause problems farther down the road, since you would
not have a way of controlling the amount that was being added to the water.

Just theorizing, though. I know most places that have fish in their fountains now have
signs asking that pennies (or any coin) not be thrown in the water. I would assume this to
be the reason.

I think I agree with taking the safe bet, and using PVC.

DeAnna