Old 13-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Lee B.

Default leeches

One way to distract them from your fish would be to put a piece of raw liver
in the pond where you can retrieve it. It will attract the leeches (much
easier to catch than goldfish), and you can remove them that way. There are
probably other (chemical) ways to remove them, but this will give you a head
start on the problem.

Lee

"Hazel Paynter" wrote in message
Hi,
I have just found your group and have a question.
I have a garden pond with a few goldfish and 2 beautiful, large blue orfe.
My problem is with leeches, I am in the uk and generally as we come out of
winter and the water temp rises I begin to notice leeches feeding on my
fish. I have tried to find a way to prevent these creatures killing my

fish
without sucess, any ideas?

Thank you
Hazel