Old 13-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Email as attachments

Jim Lewis wrote:

snip
I'm no longer "group admin", but . . .

snip

Of course, the Mac is somethin' else entirely. It is pure luck
that Apple computers can send and receive e-mail. (And, we do
not need to hear from irate Macophiles!) Mac formats ARE
different!

Anyway, if you set Outlook Express to receive Text only, that's
what you will get, but in mail from folks who send their e-mail
in HTML or other odd formats (Yahoo/Hotmail/some AOL/MSN/ and
whatever WebTV is these days) you also will get an attachment.
Open it and it is the HTML/(whatever) version of the message.
However, other messages also come with attachments -- sometimes
nasty ones -- so IMHO, folks who send email in other than text
only are doing a great disservice to recipients (in this case,
the list -- which is set up to ONLY accept text messages, hence
[I suspect, but don't know] Brent's mysterious attachments). ALL
mail programs (even Hotmail) can be set to send TEXT only.
(That's how they can claim to comply with "Internet Standards.")

So.

snip

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager emeritus

I just make my tea first thing in the morning, boot up the MAC computer, and read
my email. Such a tough life you PC users have. ;0}

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++