Old 13-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Evergreen Gardenworks

Default [IBC] Email as attachments

Folks

I am going to repeat Jim's message below. Please take it to heart, and read
my other message. Thanks Jim.

At 09:46 PM 2/12/04 -0500, Jim Lewis wrote:
So.

As I understand it -- and my understanding is quite likely to be
at least partially faulty -- News Groups AND e-mail were
originally designed to pass messages back and forth in TEXT ONLY
FORMAT. Text still is the mail and news Standard. However,
M'soft and others (including Apple) in their "wisdom" have
devised means to send e-mail and news posts in other,
non-standard, formats so that they can be received that way IF
SOMEONE HAS A MAIL OR NEWS READER THAT CAN ACCEPT IT. If not,
they receive a pageful of "Greek" characters, or they get text
(which is nice) but they also get that damned suspicious
attachment.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++