Old 13-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Email as attachments

Now when I send mesasges to a Yahoo group, the message
is convered to text. Can't that be done here as well?

Kitsune Miko
--- Evergreen Gardenworks wrote:
Folks

I am going to repeat Jim's message below. Please
take it to heart, and read
my other message. Thanks Jim.

At 09:46 PM 2/12/04 -0500, Jim Lewis wrote:
So.

As I understand it -- and my understanding is quite

likely to be
at least partially faulty -- News Groups AND e-mail

were
originally designed to pass messages back and forth

in TEXT ONLY
FORMAT. Text still is the mail and news Standard.

However,
M'soft and others (including Apple) in their

"wisdom" have
devised means to send e-mail and news posts in

other,
non-standard, formats so that they can be received

that way IF
SOMEONE HAS A MAIL OR NEWS READER THAT CAN ACCEPT

IT. If not,
they receive a pageful of "Greek" characters, or

they get text
(which is nice) but they also get that damned

suspicious
attachment.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone
14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc
Zimmerman++++