Old 13-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Katra

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:21:17 -0600, Katra
wrote:
(snipped)

I have no fear of snakes, but some insect eating
species also eat lizards and toads which is why you may be having a
problem building up your toad population if you have a lot of snakes.

My toads have problems crossing the road and ultimately I find them
dried flat, out on the asphault.

How sad. :-( But I've found a few that way as well...
I've had some smaller ones in my yard, anywhere from 1" long on up to
some really big ones.

I adore toads! They are so damned cute. :-)

They are called Bufo roadensis. By
the time they migrate up to my house they are too big for any snakes I
have.

You have cats. ;-)
Right?

Nope, I had them mostly for my kids and the last one disappeared last
year, probably due to coyotes. So that was my last one. The cat had
claustiphobia and would only come in the house if I forced him, which
I only did when the weather was very bad, which it really has not been
in many years.

Rusty Mase

I have a few indoor cats. They eat the palmetto bugs, and the occasional
gecko! LOL!

I imagine if you have a good population of jumping spiders, you have
some in the house. I'll occasionally get one living in the kitchen
window. You can hand-feed some of the bigger ones. Grab a large fly and
hold it by the wings so that the legs still wiggle, then offer that
carefully to one. They will take live bugs from your fingers. Somewhere
I have a picture of one of the large black fuzzy ones with a mealworm in
it's fangs that I fed it. :-)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,