Old 13-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Cats cr@pping on the veg again

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:28:24 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

Not wishing to reopen one of the perennial favourites in urg but...

A couple of months ago, I finally got round to cutting back the herbs in my
herb patch - rosmary, thyme, sage, lavender etc. Being lazy and my compost
bins being full, I just threw it all on my other veg beds for the worms to
deal with. Anyway, since then the neighbours cats haven't done their
business on my veg beds once!

It looks neater than the big prickly sticks and smells *a lot* nicer than
renardine.

According to some, cats are repelled by certain odors. Citrus and
eucalyptus oils are supposed to be deterrents. Of course, cats' like
humans' tastes vary.

Aluminium ammonium sulphate sprinkled on the soil is distasteful to
cats, and breaks down (eventually) into useful fertiliser.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/