Old 14-02-2004, 12:12 PM
WiGard

Default Flowering plant ID question

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:36:20 -0500, Darren Garrison wrote:

Last summer I happened to drive past a yard that had a bushy plant with
really large, dangling flowers covering it. I didn't get a really close
look, but I've wanted to get one of them ever since. Since spring is on
the way, I've been trying to key-word search google and ebay to find what
the plant is. So far, I've found that it looks really similar to a
"Brugmansia" variety, but I see that Brugmansia isn't hardy to my zone, 7b
(in upper South Carolina). Is there a plant similar to Brugmansia that
handles zone 7 it could have been, or can some Brugmansia survive zone 7
winters?

Brugmansia is has pendant blooms and the Datura blooms are upright or
erect.

http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/Angel.htm