Old 14-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Dewitt

Default use of huge bark chips for ailing Cattleya?

On 14 Feb 2004 01:01:12 -0800, (Liz D.) wrote:

I discover that my Cattleya walkeriana alba 'OK'
(pix on my website:
www.kiva.net/~daylight )
is in poor shape. I have overwatered it several times recently, and
most of the roots are dead. :-( This is depressing as it was in
fine shape for two years and, I thought, now ready to divide.

What is the best way to recuperate this plant, and can it involve
giant pine bark chips?
I'm thinking that it needs to be repotted in a very, VERY open mix.

I never have been able to grow C. walkeriana in pots. The roots
always rot eventually. It grows much better mounted for me.

deg