Old 14-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Uncle_Jarvis

Default Dracaena marginata (indoor) - White insect attack

Hi,

We've had a Dracaena marginata indoors since about Christmas. It's
doing great, new growth has been developing and all seemed well.

Then we noticed some white 'fluff' at the base of the new growth areas
at the top of the branches. On closer inspection we can also see what
look like small white woodlouse. More worryingly, these are eating
away at the leaves.

We purchased some Provado Bug Killer from the local nursery but this
doesn't seem to have helped. Particularly as the 'white fluff' (which
I presume is eggs?) is deep in the base of the new leaves.

What can we do to get rid of these bugs? Does anyone know what they
are?

Many thanks in advance.