Old 14-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Darren Garrison

Default Flowering plant ID question

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:24:36 -0600, WiGard wrote:

It grows easily from seed and should do quite well in zone 7. We're in
zone 4/5 and my plants were colorful, fragrant and nearly 5' by frost.
Some dig up the plants, pot them and store them over winter.

I believe it is a tropical. What you saw most likely is being grown as an
annual.

Thanks for the info, I've already ordered three potted cuttings. I was a little bit concerned about
the poisonous aspect seeing that I have cats, but I decided that, since they have always been around
other poisonous plants outside-- elephant ears, azelias (sp?), tomatoes, even some wild polkberry--
and haven't eaten those, they'll probably leave these alone, too.