Old 14-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Killing orchids

LOL, Joanna; see separate thread what I got for V & B Days. And, Frank
didn't even say anything bad......

Diana

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Robert,

Loved that article about killing orchids.

Why thank you -- I am assuming you mean my post asking for "best ways to
kill orchids" :-)

Would you believe that it put on new growth and is now doing
very well.

I believe it. Enjoyed your anecdote.

Our experiences make me wonder why so many people have the misconception
that orchids are hard to grow. I keep encountering that notion, whenever I
tell strangers that I grow orchids, they usually say something to the

effect
that they couldn't possibly manage it. Does anyone out here know or care

speculate how this misconception took hold? Why do orchids have the bad

rep
of being high maintenance, fragile, and difficult?

My husband speculates that the best explanation is that orchid growers are
high maintenance, fragile, and difficult people, and strangers just assume
that the plants have the same qualities as the people who choose to
cultivate them. Hurrumph! Making such comments to one's wife can be
dangerous, especially the day before Valentine's Day. I may require more
than one orchid to be pacified.

Joanna