Old 15-02-2004, 07:17 AM
jammer

Default Wanting to keep tads ALIVE this year.

Hi,
I have the 70 gallon preformed pondlet in the backyard. Last year i
had lots of toad spawn. I put most of them in a plastic tub with
plants and shelter and food. They were dead in no time. I was afraid
of anomia spike in the small pond and that is why i moved them. This
year i am afraid if i leave them and they die, that my 3 goldfish will
also die. Then again, goldfish are rather hardy. I have no pump, etc.
I run the aerator day and night for 2 months in the summer if it
isn't raining. (I use the long orange trouble light cord when i want
light out there and plug the aerator into that)

Should i do frequent water changes when the tads come and hope for the
best? I don't want everyone to die this time. I felt so bad.

I also have this (sorry, don't recall the name) bag with little white
rocks (?) that i am supposed to rinse every two weeks for ammonia
control.