Old 15-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Ophelia

Default Marigold

In article , Ophelia
writes
Does anyone have the name for the marigold I am seeking please. All I

can
find are
doubles like French marigolds. I want the plain daisy type flower a

foot
or two tall.

Ophelia

There's 3 plants that I know go under the name of Marigold

Tagetes species - French and African Marigolds (both of American origin)
Calendula officinalis - Pot Marigold
Chysanthemum segetum - Corn Marigold

Googling reminds me of

Caltha palustris - Marsh Marigold, but you won't be meaning this

and also mentions

Bidens species - Bur Marigold
Mesembryanthemum species - Fig Marigold

Thank you Stewart. The one I want is like a single daisy type flower. The
pot marigold looks about right. What does a Marsh Marigold look like?