Old 15-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Kay Easton

Default Getting Amaryllis to flower again

In article , Bella
writes

"Rhiannon S" wrote in message
Subject: Getting Amaryllis to flower again

prune
Unfortunately, all it wants to do is produce leaves. What's the
secret to getting it to flower?

Spoke too soon - I noticed a flower bud starting to appear this
morning!

Sods law of flower growing, the secret to get any flower to bloom, is to
complain it doesn't.

In that case: Mine's not blooming either... I've been starng at leaves these
past few weeks... should I just toss it in the bin yet?

Even if it doesn't flower this year, it may do next year. Don't toss it.
Whatever others say, I still think you should feed it, using a rose or
tomato fertiliser to encourage flowers more than leaves. But the bulb
should be firm and should get larger year to year.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: