Old 15-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default New subscriber and a geranium question

"Eugene Gilmartin" wrote in message
Hi

Just to say hello to all, having just subscribed.

I have an immediate question regarding geraniums.

Having had about 50 germinate from seed and being short of space, could I
ask how I now should grow them on?

30 are quite advanced with about 3-4 true leaves and 2 inches high. Is an
unheated greenhouse okay for all but the coldest nights (I live in North
Leeds)? Feeding? And finally at what stage should I pinch out?

Hello Eugene, and welcome to urg.

The word "geranium" is a little overworked. Are you really talking about
geraniums, or about pelargoniums?

Most of the true geraniums are quite hardy. and all the pelargoniums are not
at all hardy.

Franz