Old 15-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Rod

Default Grass seed

"kafifa" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi thanks for all the great advice so far on my new garden - I've
decided to tackle the borders and sort out the lawn

I wanted to know if the 'miracle seed' stuff that advertises in
gardening magazines is ok to use?

It's OK, but it's a rip-off. Usual caveats apply - if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is. The seed
as far as I can tell is just the same as any other. The miraculous treatments to aid germination etc are just the
same as those used by other suppliers. The best protection from birds is to rake the seed in and compact slightly
by tamping with the back of your rake. The covered seed will germinate better as well. Whatever it says on the box
1 1/2 oz per sq yd is more than sufficient - I use half that.

Rod