Old 15-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Jeteye

Default Shrub Planting

I forgot to say that I am in zone 7 about 50 miles north of Charlotte NC
"Jeteye" wrote in message
.. .
I am contemplating the purchase of the following from Direct Gardening. I
am aware that these items make be a little on the small side and will
require some TLC. I have purchased 2 dump truck loads of 150 degree

compost
( 8 scoops) . I plan on planting the winterberry collection creekside
immediately, because of the moisture requirements. The pecan, empress

trees,
kiwi, and blueberry collection w/AL Sulphate in there respective local.

The
rest I am considering placing in a raised bed 4 ft by 40 ft so that I may
be able to tend to them in all in one place, such as soaker hoses and
weeding for a year or two. We have just built a house 2 yrs ago on a 5

acre
parcel, we have planted approximately 150 trees thus far and after getting
them established have decided its time to prepare for some accent and
foundation plantings.Just beginning to research our fruit garden. Most of
our tree/shrub selections have been around attracting wildlife year round.
I have been googling for info on my quest and this newsgroup keeps popping
up. Any suggestions in my plan of action? What is your experience in
dealing with the direct gardening folk? Will a large compost bed be the

way
to go on jump starting these shrubs? Thanks in advance.

2 Baby's Breath, Pink & White
18 Barberry, Redleaf
24 Forsythia
1 Walking Stick
4 Firethorn
20 Lilac, Old Fashioned
18 Spirea, Bridal White
3 Lavender, English
6 Purple Leaf Plum Hedge
40 Hawthorn, Washington
4 Pecan, Hardy
3 Royal Empress Tree
1 Blueberry Collection - 3 Year Old Plants
1 Kiwi Collection - (4 Female & 1 Male)
4 Almond, Pink Flowering
60 Privet, Hardy Amur 1-2'
2 Fuchsia, Hardy
6 Weigela, Variegated
1 Christmas Holly Collection, 4 female/1 male
16 Burning Bush, Dwarf
3 Beauty Berry
1 Winterberry, Collection
3 Myrtle, Crape