Old 15-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Annette

Default Cats cr@pping on the veg again

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...
"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:28:24 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

We have found the pot trays we use for holding small pots good for deterring
cats, they are on short legs and you can cover the veg bed with them, they
make it impossible to dig they can either be left or removed once crops are
bigger. (LBS sell them)

Ooooh, don't go buying them from LBS! Just go down to your local
garden centre and ask for some. I'm certain they would give them to
you for free (we certainly would in our store) as it's impossible to
get them recycled so they just go in the commercial waste every week -
and garden centres get through zillions of those trays - they come in
a miriad of sizes, all slightly different, so that they are impossible
to stack well and take up so much room. I'm sure garden centres would
be glad to pass on as many as you wanted...

Annette