Old 15-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Flowering redcurrant?

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

This was referred to on today's GQT.

Did they mean what we always used to call "flowering currant"?

I don't recall hearing about a flowering redcurrant before and since they
were talking about a decorative bush, flowering at this time of year, it
obviously wasn't the redcurrant which of course does have flowers but not
showy ones.

I was going to note the name down until Bob (t'was Bob, wasn't it?) said
the berries weren't edible.

Most new stuff here will have to be either edible or edible and
decorative as an incidental bonus. Lack of room.

Rocketing house-prices and this house at an attractive price made
waiting a dodgy prospect.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/