Old 15-02-2004, 09:42 PM
shazzbat

Default Flowering redcurrant?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher15/2/04 3:10

This was referred to on today's GQT.

Did they mean what we always used to call "flowering currant"?

I don't recall hearing about a flowering redcurrant before and since

they
were talking about a decorative bush, flowering at this time of

year,
it
obviously wasn't the redcurrant which of course does have flowers

but
not
showy ones.

Mary

Almost certainly Ribes.
--

We used to have one outside our front door a few years ago. Smelt of cat

pee
when you touched it. That's why it's not there now.

But is it the same as a 'flowering currant' - the one with hanging

clusters
of pink flowers?

That's what I think they meant, but I didn't see the programme.

Steve