Old 15-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Ailing vanda sansai blue

Your initial post has apparently expired, but from memory, I don't think the
symptoms you reported would be fertilizer-related.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Geir Harris Hedemark" wrote in message
"Kenni Judd" writes:
Is it potted? If so, in what?

Yes. It is in a 22cm/9in clay pot with pieces of fir bark about 1-3 in
large. There is lots of air in there, for fear of rot.

My first instinct was to say you're not watering often enough, but that

is
probably because around here, vandas are grown "bare in the basket" and
watered daily [2x/day during the worst heat of summer]. I wouldn't know

if
2x/week is enough for one in a pot, never having tried it.

Well, the fir bark is totally dry when I water. I will try to step up
the watering and see if it helps.

Next thought was fungus. It wouldn't hurt, and might help, to spray it

with
hydrogen peroxide. The usual recommendation for spraying peroxide for
"general hygiene" seems to be 4 oz/gallon [of the 3% solution most

commonly
sold in drug stores], but I have seen it used full strength without harm

plants.

I will try to get hold of some tomorrow.

Could it be fertilizer related?

Geir