Old 16-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Eric Hunt

Default Orchid Photos: Getting Those Reds?

Diana,

Red is a very difficult color to capture in an image - either on film or
with digital. I am sure there is a nerdy explanation for this involving lots
of complicated properties of physics, but I'm not that nerdy to know. =)

Digital pictures (and scans of film) offer the advantage of the power of
Photoshop. You can look at the flower in real life and adjust the colors on
the screen and/or printout to get a good match.

This month's Orchids magazine has last year's specialty award winners in it
and they even comment on the Miltionopsis award how difficult it is to
capture a good red on film. =)

Good luck!

-Eric in SF

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
To all you ace photographers out the

What do you do to get good reds? We've got a great camera now, and can

get
true colors in every hue but some reds. I posted a pic in abpo of Dtps.
Taisuco Firebird, but the true color is a deeper and richer fuscia than

what
we captured.

We get the "brown" reds, and the maroons are perfect. But the hot fuscias
are a problem. Any advice welcome!

Diana